Front-End Performance: Building Faster Websites
April 4th, 2019, Kyiv
With a client list including Google, the United Nations, and Unilever, Harry is an award-winning Consultant Front-end Architect who helps organisations and teams across the globe to plan, build, and maintain product-scale UIs. He writes on the subjects of CSS architecture, performance, and scalability at csswizardry.com; develops and maintains inuitcss; authored CSS Guidelines; and Tweets at @csswizardry.
Every case-study, every report, and every bit of feedback always tells us the same thing: speed matters. It's good for users, it's good for accessibility, and it's good for business. But why are modern browsing experiences so slow? If technology is getting better, why are websites getting worse?
This workshop is targeted at intermediate to advanced front-end developers, web designers, and software engineers, or anybody who writes code. There will be resources and case studies for you to take back to non-technical stakeholders to help convince them of the power of performance.
100% of previous attendees would recommend the workshop to colleagues!
You will need a laptop and something for making a lot of notes.
IN THIS WORKSHOP, WE'LL TAKE AN IN DEPTH LOOK AT:
- how the network really works, and how to design around it;
- how to keep websites fast whilst keeping clients and stakeholders happy;
- how to optimise our assets for faster delivery;
- how to trick the browser into delivering assets with different priorities;
- how to measure and profile performance wins and losses;
- a whole host of tips, tricks, and techniques to help us deliver the same experiences in record times;
- a bunch of fascinating little factoids and trivia which help shine a light on what's really going on under the hood;
- how to prepare for the web (and its users) of tomorrow;
- lots of naughty little micro-optimisations, just for fun;
- and a lot, lot more.
For any questions just send us email. Don't like to type? Then just call +38 066 9200839!